Call to make a booking today!
EXOTIC CAR RENTAL & DRIVING TOURS
Your privacy is our number one concern.
We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it.
This page explains what data we collect about you, how it is collected and the measures we take to keep it secure.
When you request services from us or access our website, you consent to our privacy terms and conditions.
This policy covers the personal data we collect about you for our vehicle and equipment rental business. It does not address data that does not personally identify you, such as aggregated anonymous data. We are free to use non-personal data as we wish. We do not knowingly obtain personal data from individuals under age 21 years.
Who We Are
We are LA Exotics, LLC, a California Limited Liability Company, based in Los Angeles, California, providing vehicle rental services in the State of California and doing business as LAExoticsLLC.com, LosAngelesExoticRentals.com and WeRentExotics.com. All references in this policy to “we”, “us” and “our” are to LA Exotics, LLC.
We do business in the United States and aim to comply with the privacy laws applicable to the personal data we collect and use. In addition, we comply with the Safe Harbor principles agreed between the U.S. and the E.U. establishing minimum standards of data protection for transfers of data from countries in the European Union to the United States.
We may change this policy from time to time. If we do so, the amended policy will take effect when we post it on our website. We will amend the “last updated” notice on the first page of this policy whenever we make a change. If any change makes the policy less protective of your personal data, it will not apply to data we collected about you before the change was made. The only exception to this is where we have told you about the changes and given you the opportunity to tell us not to apply them to your personal data.
We collect a range of data about you from a variety of sources for the purposes of our business. The examples we provide here are illustrative rather than a complete list of our practices.
What We Collect
We collect the data we need to provide the services you request from us, which may include:
• Name, address and contact details, including telephone and mobile number, and email;
• Date and place of birth, passport number and driver’s license number;
• Employer(s) name and address;
• Credit card information;
• Frequent flyer and other membership reward program information;
• Affiliations with companies, associations, colleges or cities;
• Location data such as geographic location of electronic devices used to contact us;
• Rental charges you incur and other information relating to your transactions; and
• Information about your credit history from consumer reporting agencies.
We collect personal data directly from you when you make a reservation or rent a vehicle, including information you provide:
• When you call our reservation center;
• On our websites;
• At the rental location;
We also gather personal data about you from a variety of other sources, including:
• Reservations you make with us through travel agents or brokers;
• Other companies that have business relationships with us, such as airlines and hotels.
We use certain technologies on our websites to collect data about your visit, as follows:
Cookies: A “cookie” is a set of data sent to your computer by our web server that enables the server to recognize your computer.
Cookies help us improve the quality of your visits to our websites by making the reservation process faster and smoother. The information they provide helps us develop content and features that we think will be of interest to you.
• Track your use of our websites during a single visit, remember the data you provide and the choices you make as you progress from page to page (“session cookies”); and
• Recognize you at your next visit (“persistent cookies”).
• If you restrict our use of session cookies you will not be able to use our websites or certain features of our e-mail messages. You should be aware that session cookies are generally deleted or made unavailable to us as soon as you close your browser;
• If you restrict our use of persistent cookies you may still enjoy the full workings of our websites and e-mail messages but will need to re-enter some data when starting a new website session. Although persistent cookies will neither automatically be erased nor made unavailable to us upon closing your browser, they will typically “expire” after a number of years.
If you are still unsure about cookies, please note that the data that makes up one of our cookies will typically have no meaning to anyone other than us. Also, a cookie is unable to retrieve other data from your computer’s hard drive or pass on computer viruses.
Pixel tags: In addition, we may use “pixel tags” or similar technologies that enable us to track your actions as a user of our websites or recipient of our e-mail messages.
Pixel tags are used to collect anonymous data to help us determine popular destinations, average rental prices, quote and conversion rates, click-throughs and other information to improve our service. We also use them to identify which online advertisement or email has brought a customer to our website.
We try to ensure that the personal data we retain about you is stored securely and is as accurate, current and complete as necessary for the purposes we use it for.
We generally retain personal data about our customers for as long as we believe appropriate for the purposes for which it was collected or as otherwise required by applicable law.
Our principal databases for storing the personal data we collect are located in Los Angeles, California.
As you may be aware, there is no completely secure method of transmitting or storing data. Although their physical characteristics are different, postal mail, telephone calls, text messages, faxes and transmissions over the Internet all present possibilities of loss, misrouting, interception and misuse of the data that is transmitted.
We aim to maintain appropriate physical, procedural and electronic safeguards to protect your personal data, including:
• Restricting access to personal data to our employees on a “need to know” basis;
• Enforcing policies and procedures for our employees in their handling of personal data;
• Using technologies designed to safeguard data during its transmission, including SSL encryption for the data you provide on our websites.
If you have reason to believe that any account with us is no longer secure, you must immediately contact us by following the instructions at the end of this policy.
“SSL” stands for Secure Sockets Layer encryption. We use this protection for the data you submit to us on our websites. SSL encryption seeks to ensure that you are actually sending your data to BHRAC, LLC and that no-one else can read or tamper with it during transmission.
When you are asked to provide your personal data to us on our website, you will see that our “http” website address changes to read “https”. The additional “s” denotes that the site is secure for that data transfer. You may also see a closed padlock symbol on your screen, again denoting a secure site.
Security of Communications
We try to strike a balance between the security of your data and your convenience. As a result, we may sometimes use a method of communication that is less secure than a less convenient alternative.
For example, we will send you email or text message in unencrypted form (i.e. instantly readable) because many of our customers are unable to access encrypted (i.e. coded) e-mail. This means that our email, if misrouted or intercepted, could be read more easily than encrypted e-mail. For this reason, please do not include confidential information, such as your credit card number, in any e-mail you send to us.
For a more secure way to communicate with us over the Internet, please click on the “Contact Us” link at the bottom of any page on www.laexoticsllc.com.
You may access and review your personal data and correct factual errors as needed.
To protect your privacy and the security of your personal data, we will take steps to verify your identity before granting you access or making corrections to the data we store about you.
By making a reservation with us, you consent to our use and disclosure of your personal data for the operational uses listed below. We would also like to use your data for our marketing purposes.
The examples provided below are illustrative and not a complete list of our practices:
To provide you services: We will share your personal data among ourselves, our agents and other companies to provide services to you, including to:
• Make your rental reservations;
• Process your transactions;
• Provide you with enhanced rental and other services;
• Provide you with customer assistance;
• Bill and collect amounts owed to us for your rentals and other services we may provide;
• For customer satisfaction and market research purposes to help us improve our services.
Disclosure to companies you use: We will also share your information with companies you use in connection with your rental, including:
• Your credit card provider and other companies that process your charges;
• Any company or organization that is paying your rental charges;
• Any intermediary you use, such as a travel agent or broker, in relation to any aspect of your rental;
• Any operator of a membership program for which you are rewarded for renting with us, such as a frequent flyer program.
Protective and Legal Uses
We may use and disclose your personal data as we believe appropriate, in compliance with applicable law, to protect our business. For example, we may share your personal data with credit reporting and fraud checking agencies. We may also share your data with organizations to enforce the rental agreement and recover any monies due, such as debt collection agencies.
In addition, we may share your personal data for legal reasons, including:
• Cooperating with law enforcement agencies, to identify individuals who may be involved in illegal activities;
• Responding to governmental and administrative bodies in relation to charges arising during the rental, such as parking and traffic fines, tolls and congestion charges;
• To comply with applicable laws.
Disclosure to our Agents
We may use other companies as our agents to act on our behalf and assist us in the conduct of our business, performing services for us under our instruction. These services may include hosting certain websites or databases, running promotions for us, sending marketing communications, carrying out data analysis and conducting customer satisfaction surveys or other research. We will require our agents to maintain appropriate security standards to protect your personal data and use the data only for the purposes we specify.
Disclosure for Corporate Transactions
We may disclose your personal data to other companies in relation to the sale, merger or transfer of one of our businesses to enable the other company to decide whether to proceed with the transaction. If the transaction is completed, the company will be required to observe the relevant provisions of this policy with respect to the data provided.
We may aggregate your personal data and use it to develop targeted marketing programs and service offerings that we believe may be of interest to you. We would like to send these to you by email or by mail. We would also like to share your personal data with our licensees, affiliates and business partners for their marketing purposes. You have choices in relation to our marketing uses of your personal data as follows:
We may use your personal data for the above marketing purposes, although you can choose to limit or restrict our mailings and our sharing of your data for these uses by contacting us at the number listed below.
If you do not receive marketing messages from us and would like to do so, or if you want to limit or restrict our mailings or sharing of your data for marketing purposes, please contact us at the number listed below.
Our marketing emails contain an unsubscribe option. If you do not want us to continue to send marketing emails to your email address, click on ‘unsubscribe’ and we will not send further marketing emails to that address, although you may still receive emails at other addresses for which you have not unsubscribed. If you subsequently wish to override your choice to unsubscribe, you will need to amend your Profile.
We hope this policy answers your questions about our collection and use of your personal data. If you have additional questions, please contact us at 310-773-2528.